Narrow Bridge Candles Hiring a Communications Manager!
Narrow Bridge Candles Communications Manager
Founded in 2010, Narrow Bridge Candles is a Jewish ritual candle making project in support of the full Palestinian call for Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions of Israel. A portion of the profits of Narrow Bridge Candles goes to support movements and organizations working for Palestinian self-determination and U.S. based struggles for racial justice and Indigenous sovereignty. All candles are hand-dipped and poured, and made from 100% beeswax, without any added dye or fragrance. Jonah and the Narrow Bridge Candles chandlery are located on Makahmo Southern Pomo land, Sonoma County near Cloverdale, CA.
As Narrow Bridge Candles continues to grow each year, we seek to hire a part-time Communications Manager to support the growth and sustainability of the project, by overseeing all external communications, including monthly e-newsletters, social media, promotional materials, and product branding. The Communications Manager will play a key role in amplifying Narrow Bridge Candles’ reach and offerings among existing and potential customers and allied organizations, as well as in expanding NBC's customers and community.
Hours: 15-20 hours per month
Compensation: $19/hour or commensurate with experience
Location: This is a remote position, but requires being available to be on calls during normal business hours in California (PST).
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the overall communications strategy of Narrow Bridge Candles
- Bottomline development and execution of content for social media, monthly e-newsletter, and website in consultation
- Build relationships and nurture existing relationships within movements and organizations working for Palestinian self-determination and U.S. based struggles for racial justice and Indigenous sovereignty
- Website management- seasonal changes and additional updates as the needs arise in communication with Operations Manager
- Oversee the production of promotional materials and overall branding of Narrow Bridge Candles.
- Manage external partnerships with organizations, businesses and publications with overlapping interests/content
- Highly skilled in communications/marketing
- Strong content creation and written communication skills
- Proficiency in working with MailChimp, Canva, Facebook, Instagram, Buffer (or recommended scheduler)
- Basic design skills and/or ability and willingness to learn
- Engagement with news and media, specifically related to Palestinian self-determination and the BDS Movement
- Interest in and/or familiarity with justice oriented spiritual and/or ritual practices
- Solid understanding of [de]colonization, and intersecting systems of capitalism, colonialism, and white supremacy (political analysis)
- Very patient, skillful, and comfortable working with neurodiverse/chronically ill employer
- Clear, direct and timely communication
- Ability to work both collaboratively as a part of a team and independently in a self-directed way
- Skilled balance between taking direction and taking initiative
- Ability to maintain calm in busy and sometimes stressful environment and deadlines
- Ability to track tasks and follow through on tasks consistently and dependably
Please send cover letter, resume, and work references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 9th.